halpatioke lake trail

halpatioke lake trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Stuart, FL that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Shady and lots of wildlife.

I loved this hike, it was exactly what I was looking for. Narrow trail winding under the canopy of tropical trees, foot bridges over a murky river, solitude. I hiked 3 miles along the river and back. I will be bringing out of state guests here who want to experience the natural landscape of Florida!

Park is nice & peaceful for the most part. Kinda wish the trails were better marked or mapped. Easy to get turned around or go in circles.

great scenery...and nice trails ....

first time at park... had a blast... absolutly loved it .... nice easy trails n some more difficult ones as well.... beautiful scenery as well

Peaceful. A great variety of trails.

It is not just out and back as described. It is a series of trails. Some multi use as well as mtb trails. We usually clock 6.5 miles.

excellent trail will definitely do again. I would recommend this to all advanced riders

This was the second time I came to this park and after asing 2

I am new to hiking here in Florida and I had a hard time finding where the trail was. The first time I came here to do this hike I couldn't find the trail. After asking a few people I found the trail and didn't get to do it. I did manage to walk 1.55 miles (according to my map my walk app on my phone) but it was mostly in circles. The trail wasn't marked (or maybe it was but I didn't know where the markers were or how to follow them. I plan on going on another day to try again because after my failed attempt I found a map of the trail. I took some pictures and hopefully it will be a better hiking experience.

Easy ride, no real challenges here. Scenery was nice and there are some places to rest at a few observation decks. Trails tend to get flooded fairly easy, so stay away after a rainstorm.

loved it would reccommend in early am and also florida trail that is in halpatiokee is very excellent better than lake trail