Guana River State Park

Guana River State Park is a 9.2 mile loop trail located near Ponte Vedra, FL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

rails trails

Yes.. you'll need bug spray; but this trail is great for moderate mountain biking. it's long.. and is mostly shaded. definitely do this one on a regular basis.

Please make sure you put bug spray on before you hike. The Miskitos are very bad!!! Beautiful trails and a lot of wiled life

Me and my friend took our combined 5 children here for a day hike. We had a great time and were able to get some great pictures. The banana spiders are healthy and thriving in this lush environment. The marsh is beautiful with an abundance of hermit crabs. I definitely recommend this trail.

This trail is beautiful. We saw a wood pecker, cardinal and many other butterflies and birds. We also saw a raccoon, dolphins in the water and a family of pigs with a lot of piglets. I also saw some insects I've never seen before. The foliage and water views were beautiful. It was 102F when we were hiking but thankfully the trail had a lot of shade and benches along the way. We will definitely be back. This was the most wildlife we've seen on a trail in Florida during the day.

Loved the trails and that the park was not crowded at all. There was enough shade to where the heat wasn't miserable. Beautiful scenery, all I can say is BRING BUG SPRAY! Without bug spray the mosquito can definitely ruin your hike. Everytime we stopped we were swarmed with 20+ mosquitos.

Awesome. Long trails so you get time in the pack. Saw a dead bear

We hiked the southern red and purple loop. Lots of shade and hard woods. Eventually you walk along the river with some gorgeous views. Downed trees frequent the river banks. We saw many birds and armadillos.

Previous reviewers had given me concern over how kid friendly the trails would be. The 8 miles of trails that I hiked were more than kid friendly and there were plenty of benches and scenic rest areas. There was a small section of the yellow trail that was very close to a swampy area that I wouldn't have felt comfortable taking the kids on. However it could easily be avoided.

Overall, a great trip and lot of natural beauty to see.

Wonderful trail. My third hike and still seeing new things.

Nice trail. Watch for ticks....bring spray. Watch for snakes on the trail. Hike north of the colored trails....beautiful. Savannah trail/hardwoods/river--usually spot an alligator.

It was my first time to the park. We walked the yellow trail to the water. What a beautiful place to enjoy talking a walk.

Enjoyed the trails and water views at the end.

Very nice

Pretty decent biking and hiking trail.

Guana River also offers kayaking and stand up paddling where you can enjoy all types of beautiful birds. At the North end of Guana River is North Guana Outpost (4415 Mickler Road) where you can rent kayaks and paddleboards also they have all types of fishing supplies. Very helpful staff.

It's a great area for a long and relaxed walk/hike, the trail is very clean and easy. I saw families and kids doing the trail.

Great trails to run on with beautiful sites all around. If you take the yellow trail you will get a great look out onto the intracoastal. Pack your bug spray for the summer though.

If you follow the directions on this app, it will not bring you to the trail heads- you need to go 7 miles south in order to get there. Or if you coming in from the north- stop at first GTM stop area. It's by the boat ramp and education center.

The trails were nice-

Great park. Trailhead is not where the app directed me but about 8 miles further south, the entrance for the trails was by the gas station on A1A. I was unable to check in but still enjoyed the trails there. Fantastic trails for young kids and beginners. I did the complete loop but it did not add up to 10 miles.

A great place to get in shape for longer hikes. The orange trail is a bit less used. As it's closest to the swampy area, I found more insects, spiders, and a snake on this visit. If you have kids, I'd stay down the yellow, red, purple trails. Some great beach front as well.