Garden of Eden Trail

Garden of Eden Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Bristol, FL that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from April until October.

3.8 miles Out & Back

This demanding and sometimes strenuous 3.75 mile trail is owned and managed by The Nature Conservancy. The trail, located in the Apalachicola Bluffs and Ravines Preserve is rich in flora and animal species. For a state known for beaches and sand this area of Florida reminds you of the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina. Your hike begins in a sandhill habitat with wiregrass and longleaf pines quickly changing to a slop forest with a steephead ravine to a mixed upland habitat. Finally, the trail reaches Alum Bluff where you have a wonderful vista of the Apalachicola River and the floodplain on the opposite side of the river. The Garden of Eden Trail treats hikers to a botanically rich environment.

Really well maintained trail that took me about 45 minutes but I took my time with the view. I went right after it rained, so the bugs were pretty bad, but the misty clouds in the trees on the hike up and clouds over the bluff were a worth it added bonus.

This hike took us (6 kids-age 10 and up, a 10 month old baby, and me) about 2 hours in and out. There were a few steep climbs up and down, but it wasn't too bad... View of the river was very nice. Be sure to watch out for spiders and their webs when walking!

Great trail

Beautiful views! Well maintained trail! In the summer, I would recommend going early as the trail is very sunny in lots of places.

great little challenging trial with amazing views.

Awesome! Just enough rigor. Well marked and beautiful.

Excellent trail, loved the different scenaries, the views to the river, the streams, bridges, breathtaking!

I hiked the trail just for some exercise! I thought it was great and will definitely do it again.

I have hiked this trail several times and have used it to get in shape to hike a 40-mile section of the AT. I have seen deer, swallow-tailed kites, and copperhead snakes on the trail. At one point, the trail butts up against private land and a shooting house is located in full view. Wear bright clothing when hiking during Florida hunting season. This trail is not for those who are out of shape.