Fakahatchee Strand Preserve State Park: East Main Trail (Gate 12) and Big Cypress Bend Boardwalk is a 5.4 mile out and back trail located near Naples, FL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Went on a swamp walk and it was the best experience ever. Mike Owen, the biologist, gives a very informative and exciting tour through the swamp, you will see lots of orchids and bromeliads. We felt like explorers . We are hooked and keep coming back for more adventure. The West Main Trail is a great hike. About 2 miles in you will find a little Florida cabin called the Fakahatchee Hilton. It is a private cabin, but you can sit on the porch for a rest. Pack a picknic and sit on the little boardwalk overlooking the gator pond. The REAL Florida experience.

Flat walk swamp all around orchids are great along with more herrings than anywhere I've seen. Really nice walk/hike.

My husband and I hiked this with our 12 year old daughter. Made it 5 miles. Came across an old boarded up little house with a porch swing. There was a lake behind the house full of gators. we hiked the East trail. Be prepared for a lot of bugs..lol. Bring your bug spray

Pretty much my favorite place in Florida! Every thing from orchids to panthers, I highly recommend a swamp walk I was a little nervous at first but became one of the most amazing things I have ever done!