Hike along flooded Econ River - Little Big Econ State Forest

Hike along flooded Econ River - Little Big Econ State Forest is a 5.2 mile out and back trail located near Oviedo, FL and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

A hike I've previously reported, but this time it's flooded The area near the river was flooded, so not much of the trail system is accessible unless you can go through mosquito-y and aligator infested water. What was cool was the river was high (and therefore deep) and I was able to do some bridge jumping off the new bride into the Econ River. The conditions were perfect: high temps, high water, but not too high. So here's the hike info: if we've gotten a lot of rain lately, the hiking trails may not be accessible, but you can have fun at the bridge!

5' feet deep up to your neck? You are intense! I trail run and mountain bike this spot regularly and see a lot of gators including some fairly sizable ones. With the high water like it is now I have even run into a 7' gator on the trail sunning itself with it's jaws wide open. That was fun!

Great spot for hiking, running, and MTB. My favorite spot this close to Orlando and I've tried them all. Enjoy!