Eastern Lake Trail

Eastern Lake Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Santa Rosa Beach, Florida that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

mostly road on the 6 mile hike - I was disappointed, however, the puppies loved it!

the 5.9 mile portion of the trail was pretty good. well made bridges, beautiful scenery and a maintained trail but, almost half of that portion was road.

Beautiful day on the trail. Decided to do 11 mi loop. Trail was moderately travelled. First 8 mi were mostly trail. Surprised 2 black bears, mother and yearling at the furthest extent. 50 yards off trail in scrub. Last 4-5 miles were slogging thru tough sand traps mostly on roads. Not much rain recently contributes to sand traps. Loved the ride. Lots of flowers. Very challenging last few miles. I would turn about mile 7 to avoid the sand on the roads.

A friend and I did hiked the shortest trail today with our kids aged 4 and 10. We all enjoyed it very much, found it picturesque. We saw a pigmy rattler so beware! There were a lot of different butterflies. I would not rate it as difficult, it's barely moderate. A definite must!

Its ok a lot of deforesting there. I didn't see any wildlife or birds but I went when weather was very hot out.

Some mixed reviews on here an I wanted to set the record straight
First off I am a novice mountain biker an found these trails to be challenging there are areas of loose sand that are deep an had to come off the bike on 3 separate occasions to make it through trails are well marked an there are arrows letting you know about trail junctions
We rode this yesterday an had a blast would like to see more obstacles if possible downed trees to cross ect.
We did the yellow to orange loop (6miles) an got a heat work out in legs were burning especially in the loose sand areas so know your limits park is well maintained an even had a unisex bathroom at the trail head
Overall great experience an looking forward to going back

Definitely not a beginner trail. Lots of sand and water pits, even/especially after a solid rain. But if you want an adventure and challenge, it's great! Trail head is northern Point Washington State Forest entrance off of CR 395. Mix of single, double track, and dirt roads. Around 6.9 miles in the counter clockwise direction, there are no orange trail signs. Head north to finish the 11 mile Orange/Red/Yellow trail.

Did the red loop. Not too bad a trip. Some deep sand in sections that ware difficult and had to push the bikes through. A good workout.

As written above this trail is best in the early morning hours considering the lack of shade trees. We were blessed with some pretty good cloud coverage that helped knock some of the heat off which was great until it poured down on our last half mile. The full loop is really 10.5 miles(orange marker). But it does give you the option to do a 3 mile loop(yellow marker) and a 5 mile( red marker). Lots of sand