Cross Florida Greenway: Marshall Swamp Trail

Cross Florida Greenway: Marshall Swamp Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Ocala, FL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful.. Saw deer, turkey, woodpeckers, cranes, lots of butterflies, and flowers. Oh yeah, ticks. Be sure and use repellent. Will go back..

I thought it was beautiful however it's 4.5 miles oneway so keep that in mind.trail is well marked and we saw wild turkey, woodpeckers, black snake, lots of butterflies. I will defiantly walk this trail again.

Swampy

My girls and I have hiked Marshall Swamp multiple times. The first hike landed me a tick, the second and subsequent hikes were good except the swamp was getting really dry. I'm sure that's not the problem with all the rain lately. Bring bug spray. Mostly under trees and around swamp. Mosquitoes playground.

Very nice trail for hiking. It's about 6.24 RT miles from 64 Ave in SS to 314 in the Ocala Forest. Nicely shaded and beautiful bridges along the way. Not very well marked, also it's not a loop you need to turn back of have a car a each end.

My wife & I hiked Marshall Swamp trail Fri Nov 8, 2013. Complaints: There is no trail map posted at the trailhead. There is no indication as to the trail's length. There is nothing to tell a person that the trail is out to a dead end. There is no description of a destination, or whether the trail is a loop, or a dead end trail. A large bulletin board at trailhead could provide a lot of this information which would help greatly. We hiked for over an hour & turned around because we didn't know how much farther the trail went. Very frustrating.