Cayo Costa State Park

Cayo Costa State Park is located near Boca Grande, FL and offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options.

whitewater kayaking

beach

Cayo Costa is a beautiful island, accessible only by boat. There is a ferry service, the Tropic Star, that makes multiple trips from Pine Island to Cayo Costa. There are multiple trails throughout the 2,426 acre park, not to mention just walking on the white sandy beaches along the Gulf of Mexico.

The park was nice. Ranger and Volunteer were nice (a little on the sarcastic side though). The bugs are NOT tolerable. We paid and planned a nice 3 day trup that lasted one day.

We've been here several times while cruising on our sharpie ketch. Wonderful anchorage, gulf beach walks, shelling and swimming as well as coastal bird watching.

One of my favorite places with my classmates studying coastal marine ecology. This island is beautiful, and holds so many wonders that go unseen at first glance.

one of my favorite places. can't help but relax . no electricity or hot water so bring a solar shower for extended stays. great way to reset your biological clock.

Absolutely wonderful island to get away from the hustle and bustle of society. Stayed in a tent and heard wild boars poking around our campsite in the middle of the night! It was a blast

Beautiful but I recommend you go in spring or autumn

This is a semi primitive camping area where your only activity is relaxing on the water. You can go fishing, swimming or reading a book. I highly recommend to go during spring or autumn and also to stay in a cabin. there is no shade in any of the camping spots and no electricity in the park.
Your only way to get there is by boat, so book the boat first and then the spot. I enjoy very much the calm warm waters and empty spaces.

You can only get there by boat. An island with no development, just nature.