Cary State Forest Preserve Trail

Cary State Forest Preserve Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bryceville, FL that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

old growth

Beautiful wooded area. Trails are extremely well marked. The dirt and gravel roads are great, but the deep-woods trails may flood out after rain.

0300, my alarm goes off, I just married my wife yesterday and today she had to fly out of JAX. I drive her down and left the airport and made it to the trailhead with an hour before sunrise. I ate a breakfast on the camp stove and waited for day to break. The sound of the wind racing through the treetops was all I could hear. As day started to break I noticed a very clean and neat trail and started my hike. I only found a few traces of trash and very few human foot prints. Although coyote or feral dog prints were all about. I saw a spike and two does. Near the end of the hike I came across the equipment sheds for the troopers and inspected from afar to only see one old man napping in a truck while a light rain fell. I left the trail for a little while to build a small shelter for fun (see if you can find it). Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this hike and will return. Thank you to the troopers who maintain these lands and trails, great job guys.