Carter Road Trail

Carter Road Trail is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lakeland, Florida that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for hiking or trail running, give the bikes the right of way.

This was my first time on a mountain bike trail, it was spectacular, great views, plenty of shade. The only problem I had was somehow getting off the beginner trail and on to the advanced trail, that didn't work out to well for me but overall I had a great time! Will definitely be back.

Trails are good, I like to get a work out in durning the week when the trails are not busy. Some areas are washed out but not bad. Ridge riders do a great job maintaining and building trails. Keep improving, great option for riding when I don't want to go to boyette or Alafia.

It was my first time riding these trails, and I tried to get to get to every single section, but I'm not sure if I did. Overall, the trails are pretty well marked and fun to ride. The fingers offshoots are challenging but I enjoyed them very much. I will definitely return to ride these trails again.

Never seen any trash. Great riding from beginner to advance. I give it five stars!!!!!

I enjoyed the trails, nothing too impressive. Some of the trails were severely washed out, so I was disappointed with the trail quality. The ones that were in good shape were fun and twisty, but I couldn't see making the trip back out here. Sticking with Boyette.

Maybe we went on an off day or maybe we're just spoiled with how SWAMP maintains and organizes their trails, but we had a hard time following the flow of trails from one to the next. Very few were marked and lots of thick sand pits in between trails. Once we were able to find the trails...they were good. Technical and challenging...for an intermediate rider.