Buster Island Loop

Buster Island Loop is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lake Wales, FL that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from September until March.

The North and Buster Trail is actually 2 trails. The Buster Island Loop Trail is 6.7 miles long. The North Loop Trail is 6 miles. I only completed the Buster Island Loop for this trip. I plan to go back and cover the North Loop. I had a little difficulty finding the beginning of the trail. There is a kiosk with trail map and you can also get one as you enter the park from the ranger station. There was a fee of $4 to get in. I think I got a dollar off because I was on a motorcycle though. To find the beginning of the Buster Island trail walk to the canal (from the trailhead parking) and look to the right. You will see 2 bridges. The second bridge will take you to the horse trailer parking. That is where the trail begins. There are some other trails in the park also. The Gobbler Ridge Trail and the Cow Camp Trail. The Cow Camp Trail is worth checking out. There is a Cow Camp on the Trail that is supposed to be back in time. These trails are in the Kissimmee State Park.