Bulow Woods Hiking Trail

Bulow Woods Hiking Trail is a 4.1 mile out and back trail located near Ormond Beach, FL that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

Directions from Ormond Beach, FL: Travel approximately 5 miles north along Old Dixie Highway to reach the southern entrance. Trail begins from the main parking lot.

the North side of the bike trail was quite rooty. my gf wrecked but was ok. I saw gators, armidillos and a deer. very pretty

I traveled from North Florida looking for trails to hike with my dog. I was a bit thrown off at first by the residential neighborhoods surrounding the area including inside the state park. However, once we found Fairchild (make sure this is where you park) the trail was not crowded a bit. Typical Florida trail, flat, a little muddy, but some lovely scenery. Some swampy scenic area the first mile, a marsh second mile, a small stream past the third mile. We saw some tortoises & beautiful wetland birds. I took the trail in January so no problem with bugs! Enjoy!

This is a great trail that will take you through some "Real Florida." Start at the Fairchild Oak and hike through to the Bulow Plantation Ruins State Park. The trail will take you through pine forest, oaks, and along salt water marshes. We saw some ibis and a couple of wood storks. We hiked this in mid-February and there were no bugs but be prepared for some muddy hiking along the salt marshes. Also, if you're planning on checking out the plantation ruins at the end of the hike, make sure you have $4 in cash to pay the entrance fee. No cards accepted, exchange change only at the self-pay station. There is a shortcut that will shorten the overall length by about two miles, but I recommend the full trail for at least the trip to the ruins.

We hiked this trail, starting at the Fairchild oak. It was canopy covered with oak trees. We followed the yellow blaze markers all the way to the plantation ruins. We battled deer flies and spider webs most of the way. Thankfully, no mosquitoes. The closer we got to the ruins it became quite flooded and mucky! It was an adventure. The only wildlife we seen was a tortoise. My advise, take lots of water. Don't think your going to replenish your water supply at the plantation ruins because the water coming out of the fountain there is horrible. It is brown and salty. I'm sure it's straight from the river.

Decent cardio trail. No elevation points. It's geared more towards trail running and hiking than mountain biking. Lots of roots and unstable ground. Gets quite muddy at the northern side. It's quite overgrown at parts but small enough not get off course.

This is the same as the trail named "Bulow Woods Trail" (6.8 miles) traveling north to south then turning back and go south to north. Some variety by taking the short cut green blaze trail from the main trail (yellow) to Cisco ditch.