Black Bear Wilderness Area Trail

Black Bear Wilderness Area Trail is a 7.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sanford, Florida that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail! lots to see and you walk by the river most of the time :)

Excellent night hike too!

Great Florida hike! Not a super challenging hike but has very nice scenery and very diverse landscape. Abundant wildlife and very well marked. One of my fave Florida hikes!

loved this hike no chance of getting lost. you will see lots of wildlife and beautiful views of the river.

It's a misnomer

Moderate hike that runs up along a canal and eventually the St.Johns River. Lots of critters, beautiful scenery all along the way. One of my favorites in Central FL.

It's not really a hard trail unless you go in the heat of the day

Excellent trail with plenty of wildlife. All kinds of birds, mama gators, baby gators, and even an opossum who refused to play dead. This is a moderately difficult trail with plenty of excellent obstacles that make it more fun. It's definately wearing my dog out. Can't beat that!

I definitely agree with the 'moderate' rating, not for the extreme beginners. despite the minimal elevation change, there was a lot of up and down and obstacles to hike around. I did this hike this morning for the first time and I loved it! A little buggy, but it is still hot season here in florida. I recommend bug spray. I love that the trail is mostly shaded, very fun trail overall!

I love this trail. I like how it's mostly shaded and I got to see a few alligators and exotic birds! I will be returning soon!

I loved this nature trial. Boyfriend and I were gonna do the entire 7 miles. Lol we made is 1.5 ! I seen a huge snake hiding behind the tree. Watch for them! Had a blast.

This is my favorite trail so far in Central Florida. It was scenic and more challenging than other hikes I've been on in the area.