Trap Pond State Park Loop

Trap Pond State Park Loop is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Laurel, DE that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, horses, and canoeing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Beautiful trail around the pond. Gorgeous autumn colors. Easy to walk. Nice for camping, kayak, picnic or just enjoy reading a book. We will come back.

This trail doesn't really lead you to any of the docks to directly overlook the lake. You have to figure out how to do that on your own if you want more views than going through the woods. The trail is well kept and flat, but difficult to ride a bike at a decent pace because of all the people walking. This is one of the few trails at this park, so it's no surprise that it's the most popular.

If you are trying to avoid the crowds you can take a kayak in and see a lot more of the lake. I have uploaded 4 photos of my shots from the kayak. The cypresses growing out of the water in bunches and lily pads make for some really awesome scenery. I also saw a bunch of turtles hanging out on fallen trees.

The boat launch parking lot doesn't have a fee collector station, so you may be able to park there without paying. You could always park elsewhere and then ride a bike in to avoid the fee. I personally have a problem paying a fee especially when out of state patrons get charged more and I don't litter or use the restroom facilities.

Did a section of the loop and it was well maintained and in May the greenery is beautiful to see along the pond before bugs are in abundance. Did not expect to pay an out of state fee just to enter the park, $8. I will be back with the kayak but I wasn't overly thrilled.

Beautiful well maintained hiking trails with nice views of lakes and ponds. the only negative was the trails are a little confusing to follow. the parks has clean restrooms and nice playground area for children. the park rangers are strict about leaving the park at dusk fyi

Trails were good but the park prices are totally crazy. Cost $29 to utilize a tent site for one night.

Nice hiking trail, no elevation changes though, but abundant wildlife. My dog and I hiked the 4.8 mile Loblolly Trail in a little over and hour.

The loop is a great bike ride for families - my eight year old was able to complete it without a problem, and the scenery was beautiful and peaceful. And then you can get ice cream at the little camp store nearby. A lovely day trip.

I visit trap pond year round. I really enjoy hiking the different trails and also ride them on my hybrid. Very nice views of the lake. In fact am heading there after while and hike the 5 mile loblolly trail.

I agree beautiful and peaceful sums it up.

Very relaxing and easy. Beautiful and peaceful.

Found these trails to be user friendly.

Nice year round trail.

great state park great hiking trails and there is also a canoe trail, which I haven't done yet.

not bad. an easy trail, with some really beautiful views of the pond and the foliage.