Indian Springs Trail

Indian Springs Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wilmington, DE that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Rolling forest hike to Brandywine Creek, on old DuPont family Farms Beautiful forest hike up and down hills to Brandywine Creek then back up and through some very large tulip trees. Look for the stone fences which marked the borders of the Du Pont family fields. The trail is well marked with yellow trail markers.

Parking and access to the trail is available in Brandywine Creek State Park (fee).There are bathrooms at the Nature Center. The trail begins behind the Nature Center. The trail descends gradually on rocky terrain before leveling off on a grassy surface as it reaches the Brandywine River. The trail follows the river before turning left and ascending moderately over rocky terrain. The trail levels off at the top of the hill and follows a gradual grade through forests and fields back to an open field north of the Nature Center.

The Indian Springs Trail also connects with the Hidden Pond Trail. The pond was dry today. Both trails are well marked and well maintained, and are in mostly wooded areas. There is also 3.1 mile cross country trail which is more exposed to the sun.

There are two trails here, hidden pond and indian springs. Both are quick (about 2 miles each), beautiful, and well maintained.

Ehh. There wasn't anything here that made me think I'd want to travel here to hike this trail. It's wide and features the river a bit at the bottom, but there wasn't a lot of wildlife and it was a bit rocky, which took away my hiking rhythm since most of the trail is either uphill or downhill. I enjoyed the variety of nearby White Clay's trails better.

On the bright side, I connected this with the Hidden Pond and Rocky Run trails to make a hilly figure 8 trail that was roughly 6 miles.

I hike all my trails with my three year old and an umbrella stroller. It was rocky in places and we got lost once, though if you have the map there's plenty of places to correct yourself. We went in the afternoon on a weekday and there was very few people. It was starting to pick up around 4. The old wall and fallen trees were beautiful. We saw a really big frog. The paths were clear and maintained and the office staff was really nice. There were parts of the trail over looking the river. We even ate lunch at a park bench they had set up overlooking the river. I saw a few people with dogs but never saw any dog poop (I can't stand trails where ppl don't pick up). We will definitely do this trail again.