Burton's Island Loop, Delaware Seashore State Park

Burton's Island Loop, Delaware Seashore State Park is a 1.5 mile loop trail located near Rehoboth Beach, DE and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from October until May.

1.5 miles Loop

APPLY INSPECT REPELLENT! It is a nice short hike through marsh, pines, sand. You start out and it's nice, about 1/3 of the way around things turned into a slight nightmare. The trail was very overgrown in spots, tall (6'+-) grass that you had to push your way through while being swarmed with gaint mosquitos and biting flies. Had a few bite marks, then more and more surfaced. Small welts 75+ from my arm pits down, I am covered in chigger bites. Luckily no ticks.

beautiful trail .....but be sure to listen to the tick warnings....I didn't thinking it would be ok even if I stayed on the trail....I was wrong ....at one point stopped to check out the osprey nest and had ticks swarming my feet....picked about 20 to 30 ticks off me and my gf before we left the area....the. picked about 5 off we missed . if you wear tick repellent spray you will be fine

I was really a little disappointed, but I chose a freezing cold, windy day to go. The other issue is that the trail is only open on Sundays (when hunters are not allowed on the island) which makes planning a trip difficult.