Zoar Trail

Zoar Trail is a 6.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Connecticut that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I really like this loop, 6.4 miles with nice little ups and downs. Thought I'd see a little more wildlife today but I guess they were chilling another part of the forest. It's a great walk for any time of the year.

Good hike! Some spots got a little tricky to navigate because of the leaves.

great hike just windy.

Nice moderate, long hike. The falls were bone dry today which wasn't a big surprise. Only saw one other couple out in the woods (who caused me to have to second a previous reviewer's plea: leash your nasty aggressive dogs, people!!).

The trail is inconsistently blazed. There are sections where it's totally obvious where the trail is, and in those sections the blazes are abundant, and then in sections where unmarked trails intersect with the blue trail, or the trail makes a sharp turn and isn't easy to see, there are no blazes at all. My guesses as to where to go turned out to be correct luckily, but it would be nice if there was no guessing involved!

The loop took me just under 3 hours to complete and all in all, was a great hike. Not many bugs on this cool fall day.

loved this trail got lost but found my way around thanks to another hiker can't wait to do it again

This was a nice easy afternoon hike. I think it would be better in the spring as the waterfall was completely dried up but it was still a fun trail that opened up to the water.

nice hike. not as challenging as some reviews stated would do it again hopefully after some heavy rain. the waterfall was pretty dry but would probably be beautiful after a good rain

I like this hike through the woods and along the river. I've done it on a frigid winter day and a rainy summer day, next I'll have to hit it up for the beautiful fall colors.

Decently buggy, defintly bring a map because there are some confusing forks. Along the water is a lot easier then the rocky hill side i would recommend starting on the rocky hill side so its easier on the way back.

First hiking experience, I'm 18 and in pretty good shape but this was tough, we hiked the entire route.
The hill side that's all twisty is very tough, but the river side is not too hard, I would suggest if you feel confident in completing the entire hike then start on the hill side so you can go easy at the end, but if you aren't in the best shape or don't have 4-5 hours then start on the river side so you can turn around at the waterfall.
It's not too buggy and the trails are well marked, but make sure you bring a map or your phone, we got lost a few times and had to back track.
The river was beautiful but the waterfall was dried up, lots of cool mushrooms, we saw around 5 people on the trail on the water side, but it was empty on the hill side probably because it was so strenuous, very steep climbs but it was fun.
Gave the route a 5/5 because I didn't have any complaints about it, it was just tough so prepared to spent around 4 hours on this one :))

The scenery is beautiful, but its so buggy. Bring bug spray for sure. Also I don't see how the loop could take three hours. We hiked for 3 hours and didn't even make it to the waterfall.