Upper Paugussett Trail

Upper Paugussett Trail is a 5.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newtown, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Well my fellow hikers... I just got here and am ready to hike so I'll only do half the stars since I can't say how the hike went so.. as for now 3 out of 5 once done I'll come back and let y'all know what my take on this trail is

A pleasant hike & not to difficult

great hike but a little slippery from all the leaves. have hiked this trail both directions for 35 yrs. 1/2 way through we take the old horse & buggy road between 2 stone walls.

well marked, lots of up and downs to make it a great workout and the scenery is nice too

great trail!

This is a really great trail for running. There are usually very few people and the trail can be fairly challenging at times. There are plenty of hills, some tricky footing on hillsides, and plenty of branches/downed trees to dodge. Well worth the trip.

Great riverside views. Trails with different level of difficulty. There's a relatively wide gravel road trail as well as Lillinonah Trail (blue markers) that's consistently up and down and on the more difficult side.
Just as a side note, the road to the Echo Valley Rd parking lot is a dirt road that's very bumpy.

Great!! I get over here s couple of times s week, mostly hiking anti-clockwise but it's worth hiking in the reverse direction also. The rating here is Easy but I'd push it a little higher, especially the first two miles as there are a couple of sharpish 3-400 foot ascents where the rough terrain needs care. Brisk hiking gets me around the loop in anywhere from 80-100 minutes.