Sleeping Giant Tower Trail

Sleeping Giant Tower Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hamden, CT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sleeping Giant Tower Trail is a 3 mile out and back trail located near Hamden, Connecticut that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. The Tower Trail is the most popular trail at Sleeping Giant. This 1.6 mile trail to the 739 foot summit of Mt Carmel starts at the picnic area across from Quinnipiac University. It is wide and meanders up the side of Mt Carmel ending at a 4-story stone observation tower offering excellent views of N

Great hike

Nature trail is lovely.

Awesome time!!!

Great hike with better views once you hit the tower. I would consider this trail on the easy side becuase of the stone path. Which can be rough at times, I prefer a dirt path. I recommend this trail

I came here for the first time today. As a novice hiker, I thought it was amazing! There were parts of the white trail (I skipped around from trail to trail), that were tougher than expected but nonetheless awesome! This trail was an excellent workout! I highly recommend this trail. I plan on coming back many times and sticking to one trail at a time!

Bugs liked this a lot

I loved it! Great for kids, the view is great.

We had our infant with us so I wanted a trail with a well-paved path that was also a good hike and this fit the bill perfectly. I don't think you could do it with a stroller, but it is a good trail to take on if you want to avoid batting through trees or tripping over large roots.

Beautiful and easy

Great views and not so difficult.

Nice trail, pretty easy.

Great views, moderate climb.

Nice views once you get to the top. A fairly decent amount of trails to take to the top. Personal opinion, but not a fan of the mail gravel trail, prefer dirt paths.

Wide trail. Gradual incline. Nice view from top.

Main path had too much loose rocks. Like to try the other trails.