Suffield Mountain Trail

Suffield Mountain Trail is a 14.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near West Suffield, Connecticut that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

9 mile out and back ruck. Nice trail with good views

A really fun trail run. I would think that it would be especially nice in the fall with the leaves changing color. As it was it was a dark rainy morning and it was still fun! I started in the dark with a headlamp and this made navigating the rocky, root covered trail a challenge – but if I wanted a flat surface, I’d run on the road. I want to give a shout out to whomever is responsible for all the blue blazes on the trees as these were a tremendous help in staying on the leaf covered trail in the dark. This is a very well-marked trail.

I started on Newgate road near the intersection with CT-20 (there is space for a few cars to park on the right side of the road and the trail starts up the hillside very near the intersection). I followed the trail uphill and found several nice overlooks, interesting terrain and a very peaceful forest. I only had time to go about two miles before turning around, but it was a great way to get outdoors in an enjoyable spot for a little while.

The trail itself is well marked and well kept. I started on the blue trail to the green trail to the metacomit trail. I never once saw the overlook, I'm not sure if I went left on the metacomit when I should have gone right but it was disappointing to not reach an outlook area. Also I parked at Sunrise Park.

great trail

Parked at the kid's fishing pond and took the trail after crossing the beach. Really fun trail, perfect for some quick, zen-like after-work exercise. The level part of the trail was incredibly rocky around the lake - challenging myself to quickly traverse the rocks amongst the mud was a welcome test of agility. Once you get to the blue marker (the metacomet I believe) take a left - you'll know which way, just look for the steep climb. This will take you up a quick several hundred feet in elevation. Never quite steep enough to need handholds but it does get close. I got to the top and back to the beach in about fifty minutes. If you're looking for a gym alternative with the bonus of fresh air and tranquility, this is a great choice!

It's a nice trail but unfortunately there isn't much view and if you aren't familiar with the area it can be a little annoying to find the best place to start. At least the weather was beautiful, and being with friends makes it a fun time

Parked on Phelps rd in Suffield and followed the Metacomet trail. Nice trail. Some nice views. It basically goes as far as you want to go. Connects to the Metacomet-Monadnock trail in MA which ends at the peak of Mt. Monadnock in NH.
Only thing....unless you are a resident of Suffield, you can NOT utilize sunrise park...by car or foot!
I would definitely do this trail again though.

The location of this trail on this app is off, I followed Ash B.'s directions and had a great hike with my pup. Took my time and did about 5 miles in 3 hours. Not a single person on trail!