Shenipsit Forest Trail

Shenipsit Forest Trail is a 5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Somers, CT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Good, easy hike, only took a couple of hours with relaxing breaks at points. Would definitely recommend for families and/or people who want to have a nice hike with their dog!

Great for young kids!

It was a nice scenic hike, peaceful as well. I would recommend it.

Well maintained trails, varying difficulty, and wide. Great views at the top of Soapstone. I would highly recommend this trail.

Hiked the Soapstone Road to the observation tower, down the interpretative trail to Shenipsit, back to Parker Road. Short but fairly vigorous. Great panorama on the tower.t

Great place to run or hike. I like to bring a pack with me because there are quite a few rocks. It can get a little muddy in some areas in the spring but they dry up. There are a few trails here but based on how much land this area covers I wish there were a lot more. Well shaded in the summer so if your looking to avoid the direct sun and stay a little cooler this area is not so bad.

love going up the trails. I have gone to the lookout many times as a kid with my dad and now im bringing my kids. I even met my wife on the mountain when we were kids she was riding her horse and i was on my quad

Hiked the Soapstone Mountain section. Cool breezy day, mostly sunny but clouds moved in over us and spread some snow flurries! The trail is easy to see, mostly rocky and covered with dry fallen leaves which can be slippery. Great hike for those who only have a couple of hours. Fantastic view to the northwest from the tower.

Great place for a moderate hike just one overlook that I know of but deffinetly a place the locals like and trails are well keep up watch out for the horse poo!

Awesome hike with a great view tower you can climb beware Do not go after dark always patrolled