Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area Trail

Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burlington, CT and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until October.

Easy and family friendly

I visit Sessions Woods regularly since I first moved to CT in '09. I live 15 minutes away from it in the City of Bristol. It's nice to get away from the urban setting and appreciate the peace and tranquility of nature. There is ample parking area and information center. Though there are several trails, I usually walk the Beaver Pond Trail. Part of the trail is along the stream and it's a pleasure to see and hear the soothing water streams. There are also mini trails to explore, that branch out from the main one,. My favorite are the Beaver pond, the fire tower view point and the Waterfall (mind your steps going down to the waterfall, it is steep). In the Fall, you can appreciate the leaves changing color and the fallen leaves create a path of bright yellow and red which appears glorious to say the least. I have a special place in my heart for Sessions Woods and I hope you have an enjoyable time visiting there too!

scenic but a little too easy if you are interested in a workout. great for kids

Love it so very pretty. Great kid friendly easy trail. Great for families!

Beautiful! Don't miss the Boardwalk.

It was a great trail with several side trails off the main loop. There is a waterfall, wildlife observatory, and so much more I have to go back. My opinion start with the beaver trail entrance and explore the side trails as you go. Terrain is pretty good as it's mostly gravel if you stay on the main trail (people bring strollers/kids/dogs). Few tougher inclines too.

Pretty nice to trail run this, hills can be a challenge. This is my go to spot till I explore more

This was a very pleasant well marked trail. Excellent for families. Offers a cool rock waterfall, cool fire tower to climb, beaver dams to view, small wooden boardwalk surrounded by lily pads and turtles. There is one porta potty on the trail right before the turn off to the wildlife blind and the Firetower.

It's such an easy nice walk with different options.

This is a beautiful and easy trail to walk with anybody.

I love this hike. There are so many things to see right off the trail like the waterfalls, fire tower, beaver marsh, etc.

Good quick hike in my neighborhood. Great for starting off. Good for the family. Under 3 mile hike in 45 minutes if you don't go off the main trail.

Had a great hike today, if was my second time here. Main gravel trail loop is about 3 miles and a mix of hills and flat terrain, very scenic and a great place for a hike. I'll definitely be back!

Great trail and lots of hills for a great workout!