Ragged Mountain Preserve Trail

Ragged Mountain Preserve Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Berlin, Connecticut that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

ice climbing

rock climbing

There are many no parking signs where the trail begins, so just park on a nearby street.

Did the blue/red trail on12/28/16. It was a moderate trail with a few short vertical climbs. The view on top is magnificent and worth the time and effort to get there.

My favorite fall view :0)

Nice and quiet... barely any people, so you have the place to yourself. We only saw one other person there on our 2.5 hour hike! The only things were: the trail is not marked that well, so it is easy to get lost. Second, it is very wooded, which means you have to be careful for ticks. We found 2 ticks on us on our way home, so keep that in mind. Otherwise, it was overall a good experience.

Fun & challenging but recent falling leaves made it really slippery at some points. Blue/Red & solid Blue trails were great trails. Nice views and even a little rock climbing!

Not easy, but awesome!

This is my favorite place to go in the area. Many options for trails. Can make it a fairly quick hike or be wandering for hours. Great scenery and it's so big you hardly see people. Have seen deer and other animals so be mindful of that if you bring along your dogs.

Beautiful scenery. I highly recommend this trail! Stay on blue/red

This is the perfect Sunday morning hike. Some scrambling, decent climbs, and nice views. Well marked trails.

Long hike, make sure you pay attention to the markers cause there are multiple trails.

We hiked clockwise from the parking area and had no trouble following the trail or finding blazes. . We turned around at the midway connector trail back to the parking lot (not blazed) so did not do the upper half. If appears as if the lower half was gps'ed but the upper half was simply drawn in as a :"route", so it may not be as accurate. Very rocky. Wear thick soled boots. GPS signals sometimes need time to find satellites and may "jump" when they are located. Very little bug action.

I was lost for 2.5 hours. The trails were very poorly marked and confusing as hell. I would recommend bringing a decent amount of water, protein, and a compass. I tried following the trail with this app and I still managed to get lost. My GPS signal kept jumping around.

Beautiful Views & great hike. Although the trail continues if you dont turn around and we kept going. the trail isnt marked very well and can get easily lost.

Good trail with even a little rock climbing, nice views. Some of the trails were very rocky, can be tough on the feet for you or your dog, wear good shoes. Used bug spray and wore sunglasses, kept the gnats away except for buzzing in the ears. Seemed very buggy. Was able to follow the blue/red trails but in a few areas they weren't well marked, had to back track a couple of times.

Was a nice quick hike with a beautiful view. We went up and watched the sunset over the water. The trail was marked well. There is a trail that cuts through the middle of the loop that isn't marked but it's worn enough to see the trail the whole way down even in the dark.

Beautiful, but so incredibly buggy that it really wasn't all that fun