Nipmuck Trail

Nipmuck Trail is a 4.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Mansfield Center, CT and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October.

4.2 miles 436 feet Point to Point

Today I did the section between Southeast School and Lion's Field. my hike was about 3.2 miles, following the blue & yellow trail, then the red & white off the soccer fields, then the Nipmuck back to the blue and yellow. Bug spray would have been smart! Nice easy hike, with some elevation but nothing steep.

Nice little loop. Not too steep, but definitely hilly. There's one spot for an outlook but not great as far as views go. Highly recommend wearing bug spray. I was getting completely swarmed down by the lake area. Otherwise it's a decent day hike.

I took the segment from the boat launch at Mansfield Hollow, out to the overlook. On the way back, I took the Fenton Trail back (blue/white), then the yellow-blazed trail runner trail back to the boat launch. That will give you a loop of about 10 miles if you don't feel like doing an out-and-back. This route has fairly gentle terrain, and a lot of variety. I suppose I am especially partial to this hike because of all the views of Mansfield Hollow, and the amount of time spent on the banks the Fenton River -- water, especially running streams, has always been a particular payoff for me.

Sweet Trail, didnt finish, but certainly mwould like too.

I'm about 10 miles short of this trail because my friend rolled her ankle on our last day but i plan to finish this.