Nayantaquit Trail

Nayantaquit Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Old Lyme, CT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Trails weren't all bad. I hike all the time doin 8-9 miles at a time. This kicked my ass. The markings could be better I even used my GPS to get out. Needs work

Mosquitoes were everywhere on October 17. I hiked four other trails in the past week with very little mosquito activity, so I believe that it has something to do with location. Markings could be a lot better, and there are no trail maps provided on site. Taking a photograph of the main trail map (found some at the pond and lake there) is not helpful, as they are not very detailed. Views were average, moderate incline.

My Grandson and I hiked this trail today expecting a moderate workout. We got that plus. Most trails have hills and then settle into long stretches of relative flat terrain before any more hills. This hike was laid out between several hills. There were very few short stretches of level land and many hills to climb. We hiked 4.7 miles and it felt like 4.5 of it was uphill.......As one reviewer put it, it was not an easy hike. We started this cardio workout at the Uncas Pond parking lot .The trails were pretty well marked but the many cross connecting trails got confusing at times if you were not paying close attention. The hike itself was just okay. There didn't seem to be much reward (scenic stuff) for the amount of effort to complete the hike. I took very few pictures today as there just weren't many" Kodak Moments." It was a nice walk in the woods. The highlight of the hike was the cool down at the picnic area beyond the parking lot where we started. Bring your bathing suit as Uncas Pond is very inviting after a sweaty hike. Mosquito repellent is a must..... Horseflies and mosquitoes will drive you crazy otherwise..

Hiked 7.6 miles and only saw one other person (and that was on our way back to the parking area) great hike. Good hills, interesting formations to see and s nice view from the top of Nickerson Hill

Very nice place to do hiking the only bad thing for me today was the mosquitos I think is the time of the year. But is very beautiful and relaxing you going to see different trails you can found different wild flowers a lot places to take picture.

Parked at the beach end of Uncas Pond where there is a lot. Picked up the blue trail. It is well marked but you have to pay attention because there are many offshoot trails. There is a 400 foot ascent so I wouldn't call this easy. Our loop was almost 5 miles and we saw no other hikers. There are a couple interesting rock structures that have been there a long time. A nice place to sit at the top and have lunch. Will definitely go again.

The trail is moderately difficult with a lot of hills. There are side trails which take you deep into the woods. There are signs of a settlement, most likely native, which makes it fascinating.

Fun little hike; can be done in 3 hours with lots of picture taking.