Millers Pond Trail

Millers Pond Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durham, CT that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

beach

Very serene and almost secluded spot in Durham, nice for hikes, chilling out, kayak/ canoeing, and camping.

Short trail, ppl like to camp out for the day and swim here. Bring bug spray

Beautiful pond, great for hiking with pups. Trails were pretty wide, got a little lost but I always do.

1/1/16 - After an extremely enjoyable hike with friends, we were chatting afterwards by our vehicles, when we observe an unattended dog on a rock for approximately 10 minutes. Eventually three cyclists emerge from the main trail with this dog following. The dog immediately runs over to us, we asked the owner to control her as we have dogs, unfortunately she does not listen and the owner must take her away by the collar. Approximately 15-20 minutes later the dog is back at our vehicles and we repeat our request to her owner to leash her and remind him that there is a leash requirement. It is frustrating and irritating the people like this are encountered.

I hiked the main trail around the pond a week prior to taking the mountain bike. From the parking lot, I took the red marked trail on the right side. This trail is very technical in some areas. I wouldn't recommend it to a new biker, but for an experienced rider this trail offers plenty of challenges. I found the trail very rocky with lots of large boulders and cliff-like rock to ride along. Some really nice views in the woods. This time of year(August) the streams and mud are non-existent. You can certainly see where the streams would normally flow. I imagine spring and fall would be wetter. Overall I only ride 5.4 miles on the right side of the pond. It looks like the other side offers even more extensive trails, so I will def return for more. Update to follow!

they have it wrong. millers pond is located in Durham CT. and this place has the most amazing trail system. everything from crazy techno singletrack. to ultra flowing fun sections total loop about 8 miles end to end. Well worth the trip!