Lockes Meadow

Lockes Meadow is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Plainfield, CT and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

3.0 miles Out & Back

Not much for views other then the meadow, signs could be a little better but other then that it was a great hike and I'd do it again.

For an interesting loop, I started at Phillips Pond in the Pachaug State Forest, which is a small but delightful gem in its own right. From there, I took the Phillips Pond Trail (blue/red) to the Pachaug Trail (blue) to Hell Hollow Pond. From there, I continued down Pachaug until I picked up the Quinebeag Crossover (yellow), and then picked up the Quinebeag (blue) to the north shore of Lockes Meadow Pond. This section is the most difficult, as it most closely resembles a washed-out road, complete with rocks and a lot of sand. You also share with ATVs and motorbikes.

I backtracked down Quinebeag back through Hell Hollow. The very last segment is the trickiest, because the Quinebeag takes a very unexpected sharp left before it starts to run parallel to Pachaug Forest Trail One. However, it will take you back to Phillips Pond.