Lake Wintergreen Trail

Lake Wintergreen Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hamden, CT that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until October.

Simple trail that is easy for small children and older folks. Nice views and impossible to get lost.

Amazing walk for people who aren't into heavy workouts. Nice simple trail. I followed the white streaks.

Pretty decent sunrise over southern Connecticut.

I hike this area all the time, I love it. You can give yourself a good challenge by going up and over back over again and back over again and back over again heck why not do it another time. It's good for every season.

Excellent for an easy hike. Beautiful layout, great sights, close to home and close to school for me. A little rocky in some places, but I don't mind it. Always going to go back no matter what.

Cool hike to Scenic Vista by the Upper Pavilion for the Sky's the Limit Challenge. Hiked up a road and along a cool ridge trail. Views were very cool. Even hit up a few geocaches along the way. Went late fall and had the place to ourselves.

Easy trail like a walk through the woods. Delightful. Easy for little kids. Tall trees, meadows. Bizarre little old junkyard in one section. Very relaxing

Took the blue trail. It has nice views and is very well marked. We only came across couple of folks. Not busy at all.

Had a great time here. Great views of New Haven and some pretty cool local history from the Revolutionary war time period. Excellent downhill mountain bike ride!

I really loved this trail!

Really nice views of the city. Went out with my husband and our dog for 4th of July.

Great Hike, did the loop, 13 miles, moderate but beautiful.

I love this place. Rode here with my wife on 11/30/14. It was my third time here, and her first. The trails are great for new riders, with some hike a bike sections to mix it up. I will be back again for sure.

This is a great place to do some mountain biking or hiking. I would rate this a beginner trail for biking as there is not a lot of technical riding or jumps in the trail around the lake. Lots of fun and very relaxing.

I go hiking here with my friend and our dogs almost every weekend. The lake is beautiful all year round.

Fun place to hike that offers a good amount of different areas to explore. If you just roam around aimlessly you can run into a lot of interesting areas of the park. The lake is fun for fishing, and the ridges offer nice views especially from the side facing the new haven harbor. Been there in the sun, snow, and rain and had fun no matter what.