Kettletown State Park Trail

Kettletown State Park Trail is a 3.4 mile loop trail located near Oxford, CT that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round.

Off Interstate 84: take Exit 15. Go south onto CT Route 67. Take a right at the first traffic light onto Kettletown Road. Continue for approximately 3 miles on Kettletown Road. Take a right onto Georges Hill Road. Park is located on the left approximately 0.6 miles.

well marked lots of variety.

This is one of my favorite spots to trail run. From looking at the maps and/or reviews, I can never tell exactly where people have been. That being said, the park is nice and quiet, clean, and maintained. The only problem I have run into is IRRESPONSIBLE dog owners. For some reason dog owners (and I am one) feel that it is ok to ignore the 'dogs leashed at all times' signs and let their dogs run wild, and even out of their sight line. Since I have been bitten 3x (NOT at KSP) I now carry mace.

With that rant out of the way--I typically park down towards the lake and run up towards the entrance, and then turn right towards the campground. I always head up the Pomperaug Trail and head back on the Blue/White trail, or the reverse. The trail is great with a variety of terrain. At times, it can get pretty challenging. If you want some extra mileage you can split off on the Pomperaug Trail and then back into KSP.

I like the Oxford Loop that runs into the Kettletown Trail. The loop starts at Jackson Cove by the Pavillion. You start by crossing thru the woods over a bridge and hug the lake line. it then goes up a mountain and cuts over to the other trail to make the loop. You can get to the tree top area and enjoy the view of the lake. Continue climbing up the mountain incline and then start your decent down. You cross over a fast moving brook and the trail follows the waterfall down to where you started. The trail is light travel, bring bug spray, hiking poles and snacks for a break at the tree top view. It is about an hour to do but you can continue to the other trails that Kettletown offers.

Great trails with easy access especially if you are camping in the park. Fishing, swimming, hiking all accessible even if you aren't camping. Come here every summer to camp.

whitewater kayaking

I like the condition of the park and trails. The swimming area is so peaceful especially in the morning when you are the first person to arrive. The reflection of the trees on Lake Zoar is wonderful. This will be a good area to get pictures of fall foliage reflecting on water. I did just the Miller trail and Brook trail and planning to do the Pomperaug trail soon. You can see in the map that there are 2 scenic views in Miller trail (Blue/Orange – BO track). I tried both but you cannot really see anything because of the trees and bushes that cover the view.

Great for plot camping. Water access; sometimes closed due to fertilizer run off from upstream.
Good hiking with a great view of the Housatonic river.

We have camped here several times as well as hiked and paddled. This is a great park with varied trails and we always enjoy it. Great for kids too.

I've only hiked twice at Kettletown State Park, both times in the Miller's Brook area of the park. However, I'm always pleased by the condition of the park (very little litter) and the peacefulness of the brook and forest. I'd certainly get out there more often if it weren't such a haul from my home. The town of Southbury has many excellent outdoor places to go hiking; Kettletown State Park is a perfect example.

I go to this park on a regular basis. I highly recommend the pomperaug trail to pretty much everyone. It does have a lot of ups and downs, but the views are decent and the woods are very serene.

Went here for the first time last year while I was goin to school in the area. Took some pictures of the fall folliage. It isn't too big of a place, is easy to menouver around. Take a walk around the park, sit down and just take in the views of the surrounding towns, have a picnic and get some nice views of southwestern ct. Is good for anyone who wants an easy walk, have a picnic, as well as get some nice views of this wonderful part of ct. Take some pictures as well, has nice folliage in the fall.