Henry Buck Trail

Henry Buck Trail is a 1.9 mile loop trail located near Riverton, CT that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Very nice area and somewhat challenging at times. I agree with the others, not much of a reward for the hike. There is one spot that has a nice overlook.

Good, short loop. Hiked this with my ten year old on a warm July afternoon. Wish the trail took you to the top of the mountain though; it lacks a little "payoff" if you will.

Depending on which side of the trail you go up, this hike can start out quite challenging. We went up the side further down the road. We learned from a local afterwards that we took the steeper route up. It was hot and sticky, but the occasional breeze through the woods was great! For the climb in elevation, I was expecting some type of outlook at the top, but there wasn't one.

Fairly steep upward climb in the beginning, then a few ledges, then levels off before heading back down. Beautiful woods, moss, wild flowers, and streams. Very few scenic overlooks. Excellent trail.

Nice hike. It loops around. You have to walk about a 1/8 of a mile on the road to get back to your car. Decent view at the top.