Glacial Boulders Trail

Glacial Boulders Trail is a 9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glastonbury, CT that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The waterfall is spectacular except in dry seasons, with a drop of more than 30 feet.

Not much to it. Downloaded the map.
Started on the blue trailed crossed over to the red "Garnet" trail , which went nowhere. Crossed back to the blue/white trail and again just went nowhere. Went about 4 miles with no views, sites, direction. Should of just went out to the woods behind my house.
At least the day was nice.

Beautiful trail

Beautiful, peaceful, pristinely maintained and well-marked trail. At many points, all I could hear was nature sounds, which is all too rare on CT trails. I turned around at the 3-mile mark and walked back through a steady rain. A lovely retreat into nature.

It was super rainy today and cold but I got out there to get a general overallfeel. My GPS showed a lake and sure enough there was and it was wonderful! There were some big rocks along the way to explore which were cool and the trails go on for miles and miles. Definitely pretty and curious to see if I come back on a better day how much more there is out there. Very pretty and would absolutely come back. Thinking next time bring my tent and gear and sleep overnight out here maybe song the shenipset lake I believe it is called. Overall great hike and def coming back here again.

Great hike with my dogs

Just following up with a link for the trail.

This trail is marked well and is a good trail. The only problem is actually finding the trail head. We parked on Birch Mountain Road where the power lines are an went in from there. This is the second time I hiked this trail - the first time there was no one around. Today, a Sunday, we met with a few hikers and one group of crazy mountain bikers. This trail is moderate with a few challenges. The loop was easy. I recommend this trail for any hikers. It's beautiful. I uploaded a picture of the map we found on the trail.