Gillette Castle Trail

Gillette Castle Trail is a 2 mile loop trail located near East Haddam, Connecticut that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Fun little area, trails are easy for kids and newbies.

Fun place to hang out

Such a fun day!

Short, easy trails that are usually full of people and children. The trails in the woods are not well marked. When I feel like a quick stroll it's nice with some lovely views. But it's not great when my dogs and I have serious energy to burn, or when I don't feel like company.

Easy family hike. Short trails. Trails aren't marked very well and there are several off shoots that aren't marked. Nice views of the CT River from the castle.

Nice, very short hike down to the Connecticut River and back up. Very simple hike. The castle has amazing views of the river

Relaxing, short, easy walk with children.

SCOURED THE GROUNDS AFTER CASTLE ITSELF WAS CLOSED. SOME NICE TRAILS LEADING DOWN TO THE RIVER

I love to photograph my clients here. The outdoor settings and structures are beautiful as backgrounds for my clients and their families.

Nice views but not many trails

Trails are two easy