Millington Trail

Millington Trail is a 2.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near East Haddam, CT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from January until November.

A great moderate trail for beginners. Many small inclines followed by plateaus, making it so you never become short of breath. The trails were nicely marked, and the views were beautiful. During an ideal Saturday during the fall, it wasn't crowded at all.

Overall a nice trail, moderate terrain. A few nice bridges to walk over, but honestly was a bit disappointed after seeing such a high rating. The trail was bit tricky to find the entrance using the trail maps at the park. Markings are good overall, look for the arrow carved in a tree if you get to a fork and are a bit confused. Waterfall is really not a part of the trail, as it's near the parking lot entrance. A covered bridge is found there as well. I think the Vista trail is nicer regarding views, and you can still see the waterfall when you have completed that one also.

Followed the red trail which was easy to follow and marked very well!!! Highly recommend with covered bridges and beautiful waterfalls. Reminded me of Diana's bath in the white mountains.

I have yet to do this entire trail but the falls alone are worth the five stars

Went on 7/23/16. Trails were well maintained. We started off in the first parking area at Devil's Hopyard State Park and walked the red blazed trail towards the entrance. The trail takes you across the road were a small creek awaits . You must pay attention to trail markers because they quickly disappear and we ended up in someone's back yard

This app confused me quite a bit. I parked at Chapman Falls and looked for Millington trail which was red. We walked across the street after seeing a trails sign and the red markings. The red trail took us up to someone's backyard. Then we continued on red ended up crossing the street and actually ending up in the state park parking lot. After the 1.5 mistake and getting lost due to lack of markings we found the real trail to the vista. The orange trail takes you to the vista and is not a bad hind at all. Only 2 slightly steep climbs. The view was beautiful once we made it to the top. However, once again the markings just disappear and we got lost numerous times. We had to keep going back to this app to look at where we were and how to get back on the right path. I know we weren't the only confused ones because 2 other people asked if they were going the right direction. So the Millington trail unless we did something wrong was pointless and unimpressive. The vista trail was a easy hike with beautiful views.

Love it

Great trail. New trails not on the map also. Did it with 2 yr old on my back!

Gorgeous day. Lovely hike. Be aware: Trails at intersections aren't well marked so it's easy to get turned around.

Beautiful day, wonderful trails, good for starting out the hiking season. Definitely take the time to check out the Vista!

Great

Great hike. Family and dog friendly. Various trails to explore.

Awesome place for your family. My 3 and 6 year old did the whole loop. Great day great weather

Great family hike. Very appropriate for my five and seven year old children.

The climb to the vista is steep but worth it. Seeing as it is by the CT river, in the summer you can see bald eagles flying in the valley sometimes! A lot of great woodland, trail is easy to follow. The waterfall is also pretty gorgeous. If you're into outdoor meditation, the waterfall is a great spot.