Devil's Den Preserve Trail

Devil's Den Preserve Trail is a 7.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Weston, CT that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from May until November.

take the merrit to exit 42 and take route 57 to route 53 turn left on godfrey rd to pent rd to the dead end

The place is beautiful!!!!

Great spot - nice varied terrain - well marked trails

Went with my two year old grandson and you get to gorgeous spots almost immediately where you can just hang out in the woods!

Not sure why this is labeled as difficult--the terrain was pretty much flat and well groomed and the markets were very easy to follow. A good place for trail running.

I loved this trail. Unfortunately we went later in the afternoon so we did not get a chance to complete the entire loop but for what we did walk; it was beautiful and so peaceful. I would highly recommend it.

Great trails but no views.

Trail was well maintained. There are several different trails with connectors in between so it turns into a choose your own adventure. The trail head has a large map and a sign in book. Take a map with you you will need it to find your way around the different connections. Not difficult at all. No great views from the "vista" but the pond/lake was awesome. BRING BUG SPRAY!!! Sprayed down before venturing out and had to reapply several times to avoid the swarming mosquitos! Overall great experience.

I love Devil's Den. It's always a great adventure and you can spend upward of 2-3 hours there is desired. However, the bottom loop is not well marked and, in fact, the trail disappears. We tried to walk it from both ends - could not find the way. That's just as an FYI, otherwise awesome hiking.

Great first hike with my family. Even my teenagers enjoyed it. Trails marked well and the pond was so pretty. A lot of cars in lot but we rarely saw anyone on the trails.

Nice hike. Trail head was crowded, but once I got about 1/2 mile in, there was hardly anyone around. Main trails were flat and easy, but side trails had some terrain and rock scrambling. I don't understand the review saying trails weren't marked - almost every intersection has a post with a number that can be found on the map.

Cool- many trails- juts make sure you follow the easy to use map provided by the park as the pro closes at dark and you can't afford to get stuck in there after dusk.

It's an easy hike but there are hardly any views.

If you walk this from redding, would either get on from the great ledge or anywhere along the saugatuck trails, you will pass by an odd looking house painted creamsicle orange with an extravagant shade of purple. that is the house of the rolling stones guitarist Keith Richards. funny to have passed that a few years ago with my cousin while hiking it in the late summer

Clear paths, trails poorly marked, pretty boring sights.