Cockaponset State Forest Road Loop Trail

Cockaponset State Forest Road Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Haddam, CT that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Nice views once you get to the top of the ridge. You can see Hartford as well New York State.

I havn't hit all of the trails yet but I intend to. What I've seen so far is beautiful. The trails on the North side by Turkey Hill Reservoir and between Filley Rd and Beaver Meadow Rd can be fast and fun. The mix of some loose stone and fallen trees on hard packed single track with decent grades can provide a great work out. The trails are generally short and don't seem to be any more than a few miles at most between roads.

I've only ridden on one trail by Pattaconk Reservoir. The challenge on this trail was completely and utterly rocks. It's possible to navigate through many of the rocks but there are places where only the highly skilled can pass without walking. A few small streams require dismount. I did not map this trail but I'll try in the future as long as my iPhone doesn't give out.

Chester biker