Buckingham Reservoir Trail

Buckingham Reservoir Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Glastonbury, CT that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Take Rt 83 (aka Manchester Road) South toward Glastonbury. Make a left at the light on to Hebron Avenue. In approximately .7 mile, turn left on Old Hebron Road, and park at the end of the road.

Leading up to and through the walk around most of the north side of the reservoir, we had no problems and the atmosphere was great! However, the trail is never marked, and it became a problem along the south side. Trying to find/follow trails was so frustrating, we weren't able to appreciate the walk back. Still worth it, just try to follow the reservoir whenever the trail fails you. Also, the app's GPS was a huge help, it's worth bringing along!

Hiked this trail with the hubby, our two girls (2 yrs and 9 mo) on our backs and our dog. Had a great hike in to the reservoir where we enjoyed a picnic lunch. What a great place so close to home!

Beautiful walk around reservoir!

Trail was not marked at all but the GPS on the app helped. It does have some nice views of the reservoir. Couple spots you have the option to climb up pretty high so this increases the workout. Lots of people by the water

Very nice.

Beautiful trail around the reservoir. Varied terrain. Easy enough to take a group of cub scouts!

great walk. was difficult to find the path at end of reservoir. other hikers led us on.

Lovely. Required some rambling.

Great easy hike in a beautiful secluded area. Clear wide trails most of the way, easy to follow native trails next to water all around reservoir. Looking forward to going back again soon.

Nice hike and views.

It was a nice hike, enjoyed the view of the water but when we continued on with the other half of the trail we got lost a couple times because trail was not marked, it was confusing lucky I had my phone and was able to use the GPS to find my way back. I most likely won't do this trail again .

Beautiful scenery, lots of people and dogs. The trails were not marked well and we went off course a few times which made the total mileage 5. Some loud 4-wheelers etc on the trails by the electrical lines. Despite the crowd we really enjoyed this walk.

Enjoyed my time here with nature's beauty and hidden gem this place is. I was upset at the amount of unleashed dogs I encoutered. During my visit I counted 12 unleashed dogs, one which bolted at me and one that jumped on me. besides that with weather depending, I recommend this destination for your next adventure.

I frequent this spot because it is so beautiful. Either side of the reservoir is nice but I usually go to both when I visit.

Great hike all the way around the reservoir!

We went around the entire reservoir and were amazed at what a beautiful hike it was : )

This is a beautiful spot to hike, dogs can run off leash. Follow main wide paved trail which turns to gravel about a quarter mile in. At meadow, follow up hill over stone wall and u will b treated with amazing views of the reservoir. Follow path to the right pass pump house and you will be at top of res, follow back opposite direction and u can hike half way around it! A few open spots to stop and take in scenery and let dogs swim!