Bee Brook Loop

Bee Brook Loop is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Washington Depot, CT that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and horses. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail is open daily from sunrise to sunset. Just after the trail head, you have a choice to take the loop to the left or right. The left side begins an uphill climb, which becomes rather steep partway through the first quarter of the loop. It is followed by a series of curves that eventually This trail is open daily from sunrise to sunset. Just after the trail head, you have a choice to take the loop to the left or right. The left side begins an uphill climb, which becomes rather steep partway through the first quarter of the loop. It is followed by a series of curves that eventually bring you to the banks of the Shepaug River. From that point, the trail is flat and wide and lined with pine trees.

Very close to my house so i walk a few times a week, peaceful, quartz mine, pinnicle, and loop.

really enjoyed the hike. did the bee loop which is the round white trail

Walked the left loop away from the water and was disappointed by the noise of the road for the first half of the loop. However was very pleased by the loop along the water. It was a delight to hear the sounds of the water flowing over the rocks. The trail down was a switchback and gets you eventually down to the water. As you continue you can detour to walk on or across two bridges.

The kids and I really enjoyed this trail. We are looking forward to going back in the spring when everything is green again. Great walk/hike. Took us about an hour (including stopping to look around at times) to do the full loop. We may have been able to do it faster, but we were enjoying looking around and exploring a bit.

Awesome trail. We loved it!

great trail!

Nice little loop. I little less crowded than the horse circle area of step rock.

This is one of my favorite local trails. I stumbled upon it about a decade ago. This was the first time I did it with the idea of keeping a walking pace. As noted in my description of the trail, it is a loop. Taking the left (clockwise) side gives you the pain first -- a relatively moderate and then steep incline followed by a series of switchbacks that bring you down to the Shepaug River. After reaching the river, the trail becomes flat and wide and is suitable for horseback riding. The trail is well-blazed (white circle). On straight sections, blazes appear every 150 feet or so. On curved sections (e.g. when ascending or descending), the blazes are closer.