Woodland Trail to Skyscraper Reservoir

Woodland Trail to Skyscraper Reservoir is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Nederland, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Directions from Eldora: Travel west to the Hessie Townsite on CR #130

Great trail. We started on a Friday, which helped a lot with the number of people. The last two miles of the trail are a bit steep, but run through some really pretty forest and past a few clearings. The lake is really clear, with quite a few trout swimming around and eating off the surface. It's a bit cold at night this late in the year, but still doable.

Great trail, some moderate steep sections, many water crossings and the lake is beautiful.

Beautiful

Gorgeous.

This was a great hike, I tried so hard to get there so I was in the parking lot by 630am, but was more like 730am and had to park quite a distance from the trailhead, because of this I had to add another mile to my hike. The first few miles are really pleasant and easy, however the last 2 miles become more strenuous. The wildflowers were in full force throughout the hike so the views were incredible. You hike along a creek almost the entire way, so there's always a little waterfall to admire. I wanted to make it to Kings lake, another mile past Woodland but the storms started rolling in. I recommend if you want a good workout, hopefully I can get up to Devils thumb next!

Great hiking in the end of may 2004. Lots of water falls and mountain views.