Windsor Lake

Windsor Lake is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Leadville, CO that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing.

From the west side of Leadville, on Hwy. 24, take McWethy Dr. N W to Turquois Lake Rd., drive west to Hagerman Pass rd. to the left , and follow it to the trailhead at Hagerman Tunnel,

Great hike! Very steep, but perfect if you're looking for a quick hike to do. Little slippery at points due to mud and snow at the time we went! Overall, would recommend! :)

We (husband, dog and I) hiked this trail yesterday, and due to some extra walking around the lake hiked more like 3.5 miles. The hike is short but steep. It was cool at the lake but wasn't too windy. I would do it again!

Great trail! Short but very steep most of the way.

Wow! That was a lot harder than I expected.

Man that trail was a beast. You do all that elevation in about .5 a mile. Decent fishing. I'd totally do it again

GOING WAS FINE UNTIL WE REACH THE TRAIL GOING TO STEEP AND TURNED AROUND. BUT IF I HAD CHECKED THE HIKE OUT FIRST ON THE ENET. WOULD HAVE KNOWN WE WERE ALMOST TO THE TOP.

Awesome

Great hike with breathtaking views!

Great afternoon hike! Amazing flowers. Both lakes are beautiful!

Beautiful hike, with a very steep/challenging incline. We took several breaks to catch our breath, but it was pretty short and very doable. We took our 9 year old and he was able to traverse with us. At the top there are two lakes - one small and just past it a much bigger one. We fished in the larger lake. We saw people of all ages out fishing, camping and hiking around the lake.

Beautiful hike and great fishing!

Quick, simple hike with a great lake view reward. Not a trail with a bunch of switchbacks so you gain elevation more straight on, but it is a short trail so once you start to feel it you are already at the first smaller lake with windsor lake a short way down the trail.

Short hike, but it is a rather vertical incline. I enjoyed it and the lake at the top obviously makes it totally worth the calf workout.

Nice steep hike, not super hard, but not eat either. Took our family of five with the youngest being 3, about 4 hours
Round trip but we spent about an hour chilling at the lake