White Ranch Loop

White Ranch Loop is a 4.6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Golden, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Took our kids from the parking lot onto the a longhorn trail then Maverick then back by way of Sawmill. It was about a 2.5+/- mile trip with 6 kids ages 4-10yrs. It was a great hike, not too difficult for anyone. A few steep parts but no more than 10yards in distance so it wasn't "constant climbing". Tons of flowers, conifers, and beautiful views of both the valley below and surrounding mountains. Great trip!

Thousand foot elevation gain or more in the first 2 miles. Rocky narrow trails some tricky areas for horses in steep terrain. Many mountain bikes beautiful views, varied ecological systems to go through. I am rating the whole White Ranch trail system. Many trails bicycles are polite. Shoes a must. Upper parking lot avoids steep hot dry ROCKY acent .

We took the Belcher Trail the whole way, and it was tough but worth it. Great views, not too crazy busy, and lots of trail options. I'd really like to come back and do the backpacking/camping options in the White Ranch Open Space. Nice trailhead parking lot, make sure to grab a map.

White Ranch has a nice selection of trails and this day I chose the 5+ mile Rawhide Trail. The valleys, wild flowers and birds of many species are beautiful. You make a long loop so the scenery is constantly changing. I loved it!

There were a ton of mountaim bikers - all super nice and easy going, but we had to get out of the way a lot. At times you couldn't see/hear a biker coming around the corner which made for some close calls.

Otherwise it's a nice hike. It has some great views at the top, but not a good place to stand if you want to lookout but not be in the way.

My favorite part was a quiet little bench close to the beginning that was tucked away in the shade...right next to some running water. We finished our hike by sitting here and sharing a pear...very cool and relaxing!

Nice easy trail – did the Belcher to Longhorn to Whippletree and back out via Belcher loop.

Started in lower lot which was a harder climb but pretty trails. Lots of mountain bikes and trail runners. If you start at upper lot, it's flatter and less difficult.

You'll enjoy this trail! We arrived at the trailhead at about 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday. There were already about eight cars in the lot. As you cross under the White Ranch sign, you'll pass over a paved private drive to a gate that can be confusing because it makes reference to "private property." Rest assured, this is the direction you want to take. The first third mile of the trail is a nice "warm-up" for what lies ahead. You might begin to wonder why the trail is rated "moderate" until you cross over the pedestrian footbridge. There is a nice creek running beneath the footbridge where your four legged friends can get a drink before heading up the long, steady incline. It's at the footbridge where you'll begin to understand why the trail is rated moderate. I found the trail to be a combination of fine sand, silt, exposed rock and loose rubble. Be ready for surfaces. The scenery is nice and the trail is easy enough for you to take you head up and enjoy the high mountain views. This trail is heavily used by cyclists, but everyone we can across was very friendly. We also passed a horseback party of five. Deer are not uncommon to see. I'm old and in average shape and was able to maintain a 2 mile hour pace.

Excellent trail. Been riding, running and hiking it for over a year.

Beautiful views.

Kinda MEH! Took the Belcher to Maverick and down Longhorn trail which climbs up again at the end to meet Belcher again. Not difficult trail. Views are just meh imho. Overall I found it a boring trail and gets very hot on a sunny day. Saw herd of deer and grouse.

Fun hike.

Great trail! My 7 year old and I did this trail today. It was pretty steep and rocky in areas. We did the loop where we cut over on Longhorn, then Whippletree and back down. Great views. Overall, good trail. Quite a few hikers, horses and bikers. I prefer trails with no bikes however.

Belcher trail loop; nice views. Lots of horse poop.

Great winter hike! Beautiful views. Easy to access. We did the mustang/belcher loop. The trail was well-maintained.