Well Gulch Natural Trail

Well Gulch Natural Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Bellvue, CO that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Wildflowers and riparian ecosystem line this plush 1.4 mile trail. A self-guided nature tour takes you through the meadow, mountain shrub, Douglas fir, and ponderosa ecosystems, with stations along the way illustrating botany, geology and animal life in Lory State Park. For those looking for a longer hike, the trail branches off into the Timber and Overlook Trails.

Very pleasant hike, mild and easy. Fun to hike into a gulch area, we did this in late November but I bet it'd be fun in Spring when everything is growing and coming back to life!

wife, 3 year old and 8 month old loved it. Took about 2 hours for us but we are a bit slow. Several really good stopping points. Bring a snack for the little ones.

Good for kids and beautiful.

Great short hike

Had a great time. it's a bit short, but a great fall hike

Took my wife and teenage sons to try this trail. Everyone loved it. Moderate elevation change, my wife and I aren't the fittest, and there were some tired legs. The views of Fort Collins and Horsetooth Reservoir were fantastic with some great photo opportunities. We'll definitely hike it again!

Took family with 6 and 3 year old kids on the hike and did the two mile loop with many breaks for the little ones. Just enough to have fun and get out of town for a bit. Easy hike

This is a great trail. My girls and I enjoyed the scenery and the slight difficult for them. It was a good day.

Beautiful hike and not very crowded.

Nice easy trail with lots of wildflowers and variety. I took Well Gulch to Overlook.