Warren Gulch to Chief Mountain Trail

Warren Gulch to Chief Mountain Trail is a 8.6 mile out and back trail located near Idaho Springs, CO. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking.

This trail is perfect for running. Nothing too technical and you get some great vert. Wear shoes with strong soles as some of the rocks are sharp. Mostly in the forest until you cross Squaw Pass rd. Also it's easy to follow but I ran it in July so that could be why.

This trail was pretty nice. My biggest problem was that No trail was really marked very well. There was snow on the ground and it was hard to keep track of the trails. We def did not do the whole thing because we didn't really know where we were going the whole time.

The trail head is not where Alltrails says it is if you use the GPS through here. It will bring you close, but if you turn onto the last road it tells you by the Indian hot springs then you just have to keep going down that road for another few miles. You will hit a dirt road and you just follow it up. There was snow on the road and it was hard for my front wheel drive Dodge to get up so we had to park farther away.

Its a nice area, some wooded areas and some larger fields that get really windy. But there are a couple of nice views.