EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Walker Ranch Loop Trail

Walker Ranch Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Walker Ranch is a fantastic loop, that can be taken both Clockwise and Counter. Going counter clockwise starts you off on a fantastic downhill, just be careful for walkers & dogs. Once at the bottom, you will start a moderate but tiring climb that eventually opens up at the top into an area with a parking lot, which is where the real fun starts! From this point you will experience what some would argue is 2 miles of the best downhill you will ever ride. This is followed by a short portage down some very steep steps, followed by another moderate climb back to the trail head. If you still need more, just turn around and start again, going the opposite direction, because by now you know the climb you did through the forest at the end of the ride back is gonna be some great downhill.

Pretty good 2 hour hike doing 1/3 of the way round trip

Does anyone else question if this is actually 7.5?

Gorgeous sceneries; we even saw a deer. It is rated as hard but it's just a long hike. I took my mom, she is not a hiker and made it and enjoyed it. I Loved it! The river is amazing. Definitely going back.

Amazing route with almost every type of scenery you could want. 7 mile loop with a few uphill climbs but it's so worth it

Great hike, not too difficult, more moderate than hard. Loved the scenery, not too crowded for a Sunday afternoon either!

Great trail. Not at all busy on a Friday. We went counter clockwise and had no problems. Got a little nervous when we started out going downhill, but that'll happen either way you go and it turned out to be a gorgeous trail and well worth the climbs later on. Varied terrain including forest, meadows, and rushing water. Lots of steep stairs at one point- bikers might want to go clockwise so as to avoid carrying a bike down the stairs- they really are steep and directly next to a drop into the creek; it might be easier to go up instead. Overall a fantastic hike!

Sweet trail. First of the year for me, was a good challenge. A little bit of everything.

This was a great hike. We went clockwise as we didn't read any reviews. No problems with the hike. Great climbs, some steep and other gradual. The climb down by the creek was tough and anyone biking would have to carry their bike up or down there. A lot of different types of views. Bring plenty of water. Took us 4 and a half hours but we hung a hammock about half way and took a little break.

This is a beautiful hike, many ups and downs, beautiful views of rivers, meadows, and mountains, a little bit of everything if you do the entire length. Did this hike for some distance training and loved it.

Serene and challenging hike. Saw few people hiking & mountain biking. Perfect hike to get away from it all and still be close to home. Loved hearing and seeing the creek as well as the mountain breezes.

It was an amazing experience, ups and downs I was not disappointed it took my last drop of energy, give it all and I finish !!!!

Lots of variety

We hike this trail last weekend and it was awesome! We started in Eldorado State Park and went counter clockwise. There was lot of diversity to the trails and the scenery. Sometimes we were hiking out in the open and other times in a shaded, forest area. Sometimes the trails were wide and other times narrow, sometimes flat and easy and other times rocky and more difficult. It was nice to run into Boulder Creek through out the hike. Didn't feel it was crowded at all. Great overall hike.

Really awesome hike. My wife tends to be soft when it comes to hiking; so I neglected to tell her it was over 7 miles. It wasn't until the very, very end that she began to wonder... how much longer!?!? Great variety.... beautiful water, running hard - and lots of awesome rock formations. Do it again in a second.

This was a great hike. We went counterclockwise and brought 5 kids and three dogs. Lots of up and down and a great workout. The steps leading down to the water were the only real difficult part. The path was well marked and we ran into some bikers but not so many that it disturbed the hike. Took about three miles. Loved it!

I was not ready for this looooong hike. Pretty sites and lots of elevation gains.

Right as you think you're done, you aren't. Beautiful trail and many variations of scenery. Was quite hard and tiring. It took my parents and I four hours to complete.