Walker Ranch Loop Trail

Walker Ranch Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boulder, Colorado that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.5 miles 1938 feet Loop

Walker Ranch is a fantastic loop, that can be taken both Clockwise and Counter. Going counter clockwise starts you off on a fantastic downhill, just be careful for walkers & dogs. Once at the bottom, you will start a moderate but tiring climb that eventually opens up at the top into an area with a parking lot, which is where the real fun starts! From this point you will experience what some would argue is 2 miles of the best downhill you will ever ride. This is followed by a short portage down some very steep steps, followed by another moderate climb back to the trail head. If you still need more, just turn around and start again, going the opposite direction, because by now you know the climb you did through the forest at the end of the ride back is gonna be some great downhill.

This was a great training trail for the Colorado Trail segments I am hoping to do next year. Good length, lots of up and lots of down. I found the intense steepness of the stairs a bit intimidating but I got through it. I went midweek and only saw a handful of bikers and trail runners. I started late this time and wanted to get back to car before dark, but next time I will definitely leave early enough to enjoy time near the So. Boulder Creek. For me, it was moderate to hard. Will definitely do it again.

Pretty good 2 hour hike doing 1/3 of the way round trip

Does anyone else question if this is actually 7.5?

Gorgeous sceneries; we even saw a deer. It is rated as hard but it's just a long hike. I took my mom, she is not a hiker and made it and enjoyed it. I Loved it! The river is amazing. Definitely going back.