Waldo Canyon Loop Trail [CLOSED]

Waldo Canyon Loop Trail [CLOSED] is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cascade, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

CLOSED to the public due to the Waldo Canyon fire. Waldo Canyon Loop Trail is a 7 mile loop trail located about 5 miles west of Manitou Springs, Colorado, with a trailhead and large paved parking lot. Waldo Canyon Loop trail is a scenic trail. The first part is a single track trail for about 1.75 miles, then it begins about a 3.7 mile loop with some great views of Pikes Peak. It is not too challenging for children.

Great route, used to run this weekly years ago (or hiked) the fire closed it off, but worth it to see any of the trail.

I did work on this trail this summer. It's a beautiful hike! Hope it re-opens soon.

I love this trail! I can't wait for it to reopen. It's been closed way too long, now.

I used to love this trail. So bummed it is closed!

One of my favorites before the fire.

Closed due to the fire two years ago, but an okay hike. The first 1/2 mile is a decent work out.

Was lucky enough to do this before the fire. A wonderful walk with some nice views. Hope it reopens soon.

Too bad it burned down. Was a nice trail close to home.

Hiked Waldo Canyon the weekend before the forest fire started. In fact, my current profile picture was taken the winter before. I hope they open it back up someday.

Came here 2 years back. Great trail bummed that the canyon fire came. It's beautiful

Awesome trail and was fortunate to hike it two years in 2011 before the fire. One of my favorites and has a great variety of terrain.

Great trail! I hope the area grows back quickly; it was a beautiful place to escape for a while

PLEASE NOTE: The trail is CLOSED due to the horrific Waldo Canyon fire during the summer of 2012.

It breaks my heart to drive past the parking lot these days. I have done this trail numerous times over the years and my dog and I were fortunate enough to have done it a couple times this spring. It will be a long recovery for this area, but looking forward to the re-growth. Has always been a favorite of mine.

Great. Trail. Steep in certain spots. Great scenic areas all around kids enjoyed. It

:..(

Due to the recent Waldo Canyon Fire, this trail is closed. Hopefully the citizens of the Springs will have the opportunity to rebuild it soon. It was a great hike.

sad to say this is burned, but it was a nice challenging trail. I look forward to doing it again as it grows back. I have before and after pictures on facebook.

Great hike but washed out in areas from all the rain.