Triple Crown of Fourteeners

Triple Crown of Fourteeners is a 7.8 mile loop trail located near Fairplay, CO and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Hike three fourteeners in the same day, and still be able to walk the next. From the parking lot, head north on a clear trail that will take you up past a couple of mining buildings. The trail will then turn left and head up a short series of switchbacks up to a saddle. From here you can either follow the trail that heads off to the left of the saddle to the Southwest and into more switch backs or just take the Southwest ridge straight to the summit of Democrat. After reaching Democrat turn around and head back to the saddle. Now follow a trail up the ridge to the Northeast. This will take you over Mt Cameron (not classified as a real peak) and on to the sharp summit of Lincoln. From Lincoln head back down the trail towards Cameron for a short ways then follow the trail to the left that leads over to the rounded summit of Mt Bross. From Mt Bross continue south on the trial for a while until it begins to follow a series of switchbacks to Kite Lake again. Do not descend to early or you will wind up in a dangerously loose gulley.

Took me exactly 3 hours & 45 minutes to finish the entire loop of peaks. Fairly easy to do the rest once you get done the first one, I did Democrat first. No cover, watch the weather before going. Road is rough to get to the TH but I made it in my Pontiac Vibe hatchback.

I don't think this hike was easy at all, well worth it, but remember a moderate hike at 13000-14000 feet makes it wayyy more difficult. this isn't a hike for the faint of heart or those prone to altitude sickness, but it's SUCH A GORGEOUS HIKE!!! I loved it! that being said, beware the intense rock scrambles going up democrat and down bross (or vice versa depending on how you go). they're pretty treacherous and you'll slip a good amount. I'd recommend this for more experienced hikers IF you decide to do the whole trail. I hike relatively quickly and due to the altitude (I live at 9600 feet and it still affected me) this entire hike took 7 hours with about 45 minutes worth of breaks including lunch. also bring a windbreaker cuz even on a 75 degree day, those wind bursts are cold!!! and lots of sunscreen.

It was a great hike and very nice to say that I did 3 (really 4) 14ers in the same day. It was a relatively easy hike but was extremely windy when I went. Not sure if it is like that all the time, but I thought I was going to blow off the mountain a few times.