Triple Bar and OT Trail Loop

Triple Bar and OT Trail Loop is a 5 mile loop trail located near Livermore, CO that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Would have been easy if I wasn't sore from doing Hanging Lake trail the day before..... Took the north side to the river and took the south side back to the parking lot. I don't think it really matters which you take because you have to go up eventually both ways.

It was a beautiful November day so the sun wasn't too hot but I could see how that could be an issue other times. Will be back for sure but will bring a picnic with me next time.

Nice, easy hike!

I used to ride horses here all the time. as of May 2016 most of one loop was closed. great place to take dogs

It's named Eagles Nest for a reason. Don't forget to look up. You might spot the Golden Eagles. The scenery is beautiful. The trail isn't that hard but since there's no shade it can feel a lot more challenging than it is. It is a loop, and the trail will feel vastly different depending on which way you start out so choose wisely. I like to start on the gradual uphill first (on the East side). It goes up gradually and has a steep downhill section, but the last section of the trail is going upward with no shade. It can be challenging with the sun eating on you. Many people prefer to start by going down that section (starting on the west-going down the dirt road first rather than last). If you take your dogs, watch out for rattlesnakes and bring plenty of water for them.

This trail was actually kind of moderate for my out-of-shape, city girl body. Glad I took the left branch first as it had the steepest incline down into the valley to the river. Beautiful views all along the trail. There's actually two loops, I think if I'd have just done the 3.4 mile three bar loop it wouldn't have wiped me out, but I also did the 1.8 mile OT loop and so the last 2 miles back to the car were energy zapping. No shade out there so remember sun screen and water. I'd like to go again when I get a little more used to hiking.

Trail in great condition. Good views.

Nice, isolated park and trail system that features beautiful three-hundred and sixty degree views of mountains with a river crossing.