Three Mile Creek Trail

Three Mile Creek Trail is a 3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bailey, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from June until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Bailey: Drive west 10.8 miles from Bailey on Highway 285 to Grant. Turn right (north) on Park County Road 62 (sometimes called the Guanella Pass Road). Drive 2.8 miles to the trailhead on the right (east) side of the road. There is a limited amount of parking at the trailhead.

I have not been up the path for two years. I forget how nice it is hiking by the stream. could not go the whole way 12th bridge was down we did not want to get wet.

Beautiful creek hike with tons of aspens!!

The county Road 62 has been paved ALL the way from Grant to I70. Parking has been expanded by combining trailheads like Whiteside and Threemile Creek. This means the OLD trailhead parking referred to above is not correct. Loads more parking for cars AND oversized vehicles like RVs and horse trailers. Park in the new lot and cross the bridge. Take the trail on the RIGHT until it crosses the road and the old trailhead will be obvious.

Did a 14.5 mile hike from Deer Creek Trailhead, via Rosalie Trail to Three Mile Trail. Lots of cityfolks in the predictable spots (that being within a mile or two from the parking area) taking pictures and breathers at every corner. Like most hikes however, once you get beyond the three mile turn-around spot, it turns into the sort of solitude and peaceful place it's meant to be. Follow Threemile up for about 4.5-5 miles and you'll run into Rosalie Trail, either on it's way to the Abyss Lake turn off or back to Deer Creek Trailhead, 6.5 miles away. You just cant go wrong here.

Nice easy hike with lush greenery and the sounds of the creek flowing by as you hike along.

LOVE. We went early on a Saturday and only saw 5 groups of people. The trail is beautiful and there's so many spots to photograph. We are not seasoned hikers by any means but I did not feel strained, just short of breath. I live about ten minutes away and will now be going all the time! It's very shaded as well so it's a good summer hike.

It was a good trail but there is way too much horse poop on the trail. It's really disgusting how much horse poop was there. It smelled like a stable. They really need to clean up after the horses.

Mellow hike along the creek.

Hiked this trail in mid-July and there were wildflowers everywhere! Gentle incline along the beautiful Three Mile Creek.

Very nice hike with lots of wildflowers, especially columbines and bluebells.

Most of the stream crossings were well maintained, but a couple had been washed out and were a little more difficult to navigate.

We saw no obvious turn-around point, so we continued up the narrow and rocky trail until it opened into some willows, which was about 4.2 miles. I believe it runs into another trail at about 6.5 miles.

One other important note - there is a new, obvious trail-head on the *left* side of the road, before the old one. There is a small parking lot. The trail starts there at a small bridge, flanks the road for maybe half a mile, then crosses the road to reach the old trail-head. You could still just walk up the road, but it's safer to take the new trail section.

a nice gentle hike following a nice mountain stream. recommend for anyone. It's quite an easy trail.

This was a good hike. I would say it's moderate as there is lots of rocks, boards to cross streams and some muddy parts. And it has quite the elevation. It meets up with a longer hike but this one is about 1.5 mile in and back to make 3 miles. It's is generally shaded but has some area of sun. The creek runs by the trail which is a nice back ground. It was not a crowded trail as we went on a Sunday at noon.

This trail is amazing! I went through n a Thursday morning around 10:30 and only ran into one group of three the whole way. I brought my dogs and they loved the water the whole way up and back. The trail criss crosses back and forth over the creek and winds in and out of rocks and trees. This is my favorite kind of trail!!

Can't say enough about how wonderful it was to have the creek running beside the trail. I think I lost count of the crossings at 15. Yes, it was still muddy in places with plenty of rock and roots to negotiate. I'm sure that the middle of September would have been the peak of color, although I did see a small stand of aspens. I only saw 4 other hikers

Lots of stream crossings, mossy areas and an overall beautiful hike

Very nice hike for September leaf-peeking! We went 2nd to last weekend in September and most of the aspens were either at peak or a bit after. Looks like it might be muddy in low spots in wet conditions. Note that they've been doing road work and it looks like they moved parking for the trailhead. Trailhead is well-marked in the same spot - on the East side of the road at the 2.8 mile mark after the turn onto 62, but I think they want you to park around Mile 2.6 on the west side of road and walk up the road? We parked on west side of road across from trailhead without problems.

Really great hike not too many people out and with all the rain the plant life is going crazy. The creek is a bit high right now in some areas so be prepared to get your feet wet.