The Incline Trail

The Incline Trail is a 4.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Manitou Springs, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

4.3 miles 1965 feet Loop

The trail is the remains of a cog railway that went to the top of Manitou Mountain. The trail gains about 2000 feet of elevation in about a mile. Imagine climbing a rough uneven set of stairs that's a mile long. There is a bail out about half way up that will put you on barr trail. Beware of the false summit just past the bail out. Once you're at the top you can hike back down the incline, or turn south and hike or run back down barr trail. The view from the top over Colorado Springs is worth the effort. This is a great trail for training and it is what most people use it for. As of right now it is illegal to hike the incline, it's private property and hiking it is considered trespassing. Of course, this doesn't stop hundreds of people from doing it every week, but hike at your own risk.

14 minutes ago

I have hiked this trail once s month for two years. In winter crampons are a must!

It's hard but worth it. When it opens back up we will be back.

September 16, 2016. This trail is under construction until dec 2016. closed to public. Looks awesome though and was bummed!

I'm from sea level but I've been in Colorado a couple months now. I'm definitely not in the best shape and I'm working on getting my heart in better condition. It did take me a very long time because of that, BUT I did it and I wouldn't change that! It was hard as hell, but I had such a feeling of accomplishment after doing it. I think everyone should do it at least once.

THE Colorado Springs hike. Earn the view and jog down Barr Trail!

This trail should be on your bucket list. Straight up and very crowded. Closed until Dec 2016.

Steep incline but multiple places to stop to rest and hydrate on the way up. Definitely challenging but worth it! Nice relaxing path back down. (I hiked this back in July)

INCLINE IS CLOSED until DEC 2! They are doing repairs.

The trail is closed. Had to pay $5 for parking and the person that took my money didn't mention that the incline was closed. Such a waste of my time and money. Don't be a sucker like me.

incline closed from Aug 20th to Dec 2nd:(