Overend Mountain Trail

Overend Mountain Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Durango, CO that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I hiked part of this trail to get to Perins peak, but I think I took the hard way up. The trail system lead me most of the way. ****

I wasn't thrilled with the views, but in all fairness, I didn't do the whole loop, and I think it's more meant for mountain biking than hiking.

Best hike in Durango! Challenging enough to keep it interesting and the best views in town for sure! Be careful doing this hike in the heat of the summer, it can get very hot so bring more water than you think you will need.

Took our horses out today, this is a wonderful trail and the wild flowers are everywhere. Excellent conditioning trail. At the top you can look down and see Durango. I really enjoyed this trail.

This is a fun but short loop above Durango to the west of town. The Star Wars section is a super fun steep gully that the trail criss crosses like a half pipe. Careful on the north facing Hidden Valley section, which can be super sloppy clay like mud, even when the rest of the area is bone dry.